Fundraising for Anti-Drone Riffles SKYWIPER EDM4S
About one month ago, the «ANTYTILA» Charity Foundation initiated the fundraising for anti-drone riffles. During this period, we have profoundly investigated the matter of resisting drones, technical characteristics, efficiency, and pricing of all manufacturers. Now we share this information with everyone it could be useful for.
Therefore, here are a Lithuanian anti-drone riffle Sky Wiper EDM4S from NT SERVICE and a drone detector Wingman 100 from the manufacturer My Defence.
About the complex: being used skillfully, it reveals and defuses drones on the distance of up to two kilometers. It is efficient in use both in the course of completing field and city missions. Apart from an opportunity to «land» the drones in sight the complex can reveal and defuse a drone on the distance a lot bigger making the intelligence of positions impossible as well as making the enemy blind and giving actual strategic advantage to the units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
• The Lithuanian complex costs €30 000: €15 000 for anti-drone riffle and €15 000 for detector.
Why haven’t we chosen a Ukrainian manufacturer or anti-drone riffles from the USA, Australia, England, Germany, Poland or Israel?
For a number of factors:
• The Lithuanian complex has been put into service in Ukraine and tested in practice since 2017.
• Among all the countries-manufacturers of means for resisting drones mentioned above the Lithuanian manufacturer has one of the lowest prices as well. Only Poland goes on par with it. And the cheapest one is the Ukrainian anti-drone Kvertus (12 000$). However, neither Polish nor Ukrainian manufacturers have a detector for early revealing of drones for now, or have been tested accordingly by the program of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine unlike the Lithuanian one.
• Therefore, after the respective testing and consulting, our choice was obvious and based on some kind of practice proving the obligatory presence of detectors as well and applying them together with using the riffle.
Why is the detector so important?
• It is through the detector that a combat unit obtains strategic advantage. Without it, applying only the riffle it will be possible to jam drones only in sight meaning the distance up to 400 meters during daylight hours thus very likely disclosing their positions.
• However, the detector warns on the presence of drones within a radius of up to 2 kilometers counting the azimuth and approximate distance to the target due to which the efficiency is growing multiply. In some cases, due to the detector, it becomes known about the enemy’s using of drones at the very beginning of their take-off giving important strategic information as well as time for concealment and an opportunity for the units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine to get ready for the probable enemy intelligence or artillery shelling using drones for fire adjustment.
It is also important to understand that for efficient usage of the complex, it is obligatory to complete special training in applying both anti-drone riffles and detectors. Such programs exist, and neglecting them leads to unskillful and inefficient using of this complex.
We’ll point out that those units which we are to hand over such complexes purchased by the foundation to will definitely complete this training course.
To sum up, we add practical facts having been collected from both the manufacturer and the units already using the means for resisting drones:
• Anti-drone riffles work differently at different drone models depending on a manufacturer of individual developments. Some drones would make an emergency landing; the others would hover in place until the battery discharges; but there are also such ones having a written algorithm of returning to the point of take-off thus leaving the action area of the riffle.
• Anti-drones have obviously been developed for working exactly on drones. But it’s worth noting that there were the cases indicated when anti-drone riffles manufactured in Ukraine and Lithuania had been partially jamming and sometimes even landing Russian UAVs: «Orlan», «Eleron-3». However, there is usually lack of capacities and battery of the riffle for final landing of a UAV of such level. For these targets, there are more powerful and expensive systems.
We also add technical characteristics of the Lithuanian and Ukrainian anti-drone riffles found on the official pages of manufacturers:
• Kvertus – KSV G-6 (Ukraine).
Remote radio control and video transfer 2.4G WIFI 2400-2500 MHz – 20 W; 5.8G 5.5-5.9 MHz – 10 W.
GPS navigation L2 1227 MHz 10 W;
GPS L1 + Glonass 1575 -1620 MHz 20 W
Remote radio control 868-912 MHz; 433-434 MHz – 10 W
General output power: 80 W
Blockage radius: up to 3000 meters.
Cooling system: radiators
Battery life: 25-30 minutes
Sizes: 930x280x70 mm
Weight: 6 kg.
• NT Service – Sky Wiper EDM4S (Lithuania).
Big distance due to innovative powerful radio modules: 3-5 km
4- and 6-striped modules.
2,4 / 5,8 / GNSS / 433 / 900 (additional frequencies available).
Weight: 5.5 kg
Operating time – 40 min.
Certificate of secure use is in accordance with the ICNIRP instructions
Successful testing of resistance to vibration and temperature in accordance with MIL STD 810G
Additionally equipped with the detector of early revealing.
Our fundraising is on its final stage. We’ve collected ₴5.4 million, ₴600 000 left!
For these funds we’ll purchase 5 Lithuanian anti-drone complexes (riffle + detector). That’s why we encourage you to join, and the first batch (we announce: there’ll be more!) will be delivered to positions!
Privat • https://bit.ly/antytila_helsi_pr
Mono • https://bit.ly/antytila_helsi_mono
PayPal • [email protected]
Payment details • https://www.antytila.ua/en/assistance-for-the-armed-forces-of-ukraine/donation-ua-armed-forces/
We stand. We fight. We’ll prevail this way!